When I saw this picture, I was reminded of this quote;
1. The moment you realize that the person you cared for has nothing intellectually or spiritually to offer you, but a headache.
2. The moment you realize God had greater plans for you that don’t involve crying at night or sad Pinterest quotes.
3. The moment you stop comparing yourself to others because it undermines your worth, education and your parent’s wisdom.
4. The moment you live your dreams, not because of what it will prove or get you, but because that is all you want to do. People’s opinions don’t matter.
5. The moment you realize that no one is your enemy, except yourself.
6. The moment you realize that you can have everything you want in life. However, it takes timing, the right heart, the right actions, the right passion and a willingness to risk it all. If it is not yours, it is because you really didn’t want it, need it or God prevented it.
7. The moment you realize the ghost of your ancestors stood between you and the person you loved. They really don’t want you mucking up the family line with someone that acts anything less than honorable.
8. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.
9. The moment you believe that love is not about losing or winning. It is just a few moments in time, followed by an eternity of situations to grow from.
10. The moment you realize that you were always the right person. Only ignorant people walk away from greatness.”
― Shannon L. Alder
it is been said that a picture is worth 1000 words. I think this picture and this quote are the perfect pair. Each says the same thing, but in a different way. The image is abstract, but the message is clear.
The verbiage is short, but to the point. How many times have you been told not to dream? Young children are special because they live in a world of imagination. They think about possibilities. They are creative – they dream.
Growing up we are taught to dream less, conform more be concerned about what the neighbors will think. Our once expensive dreams, wants and desires get shoved into a little box.
How many times have you been taught not to reach for the stars, but to settle for less?
Why would you ever settle for less when you can have it all?
You really can have it all. “If” you ask intelligently and for what you need.
How many times have you compromised yourself to get something for someone you wanted?
I’ve done it myself. I have compromised, settled, independent my dreams to please others rather than pleasing myself. I’m not talking about being selfish. Being miserly with your material goods as well as your self does not serve anyone including oneself.
A door that is closed and locked can either provide entry war allow egress. We closed and locked doors out of fear. Not talking about the doors on your car or on your home they need to be locked to keep out those who would do us harm.
When we close the doors to our inner self. We are telling the world that we are afraid. God does not want us to live in fear. God wants us to live a full inspired life.
Be brave, dared to dream and although you may fall and skin your knee have the courage to stand up for what you believe. Don’t let small minds tell you are not worthy. Don’t let those fearful people tell you you are not great – you are